Kelly Zilz BA(Hons), ITEC, MFHT, MAOR CNHC
Hello! Welcome to my website. My name is Kelly and I am a complementary therapist based in West Sussex, where I have my own private therapy room.
I am passionate about complementary therapies and have seen first hand in the past how they can help alleviate stress and promote relaxation, amongst other benefits. Please go to my therapies page for a list of all therapies I currently offer and to find out a little bit more about what I offer and what the benefits are for each therapy.
As a conscientious and caring individual, I have found that helping people relax and destress through receiving complementary therapies is so rewarding. Furthermore, I get so much satisfaction from seeing clients relax and benefit from the therapies that I offer that it does not feel like a job to me, it is a passion.
I am a member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists and the Association of Reflexology (the leading professional associations associated with Complementary Therapies and Reflexology). I am also registered with CNHC, a voluntary regulator for healthcare practitioners as well. I am also fully insured for all the therapies I offer and am also enhanced DBS checked.
A little bit about me away from my therapy room…
I am originally from Pembrokeshire, West Wales but my home is now based in Barns Green, West Sussex, where I live with my husband and mad cat. I worked in a busy call centre environment for many years as a Resource Planning Analyst and in 2015 I started to train in complementary therapies, with the dream of becoming self employed and running my own therapy business, which is where I have found myself today!
I love spending time walking in the countryside and going to gym classes. I also love meditation and have benefited hugely from personal meditation practice and I also attend group mediation sessions. I also am a bit of a bookworm and last year I read over 100 books, including many non-fiction, health, reflexology, self-development and spiritual texts, which have all contributed towards my personal and professional development, which I see as a continuous journey. I also volunteer with the village Brownie Group, which is a lot of fun and very rewarding.
Training and Qualifications:
I believe that continuous improvement is vital for growth which is why I have invested so heavily in further training since I first qualified in reflexology and massage. Here is a list of my training to date.
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology (Naturecare College, Guildford-AOR Accredited) 2017
- Hot Stone Reflexology (Sally Earlam, AOR Accredited) 2017
- Mindful Reflexology (Sally Earlam- AOR Accredited) 2017
- Aromareflex (Complementary Therapy College – AOR Accredited) 2018
- Advanced Aromareflex (Complementary Therapy College – AOR Accredited) 2018
- Foot Reading one day course (Angela Telford) 2018
- Women’s Reflexology 2 day workshop (Hagar Basis) 2019
- Fertility and Maternity Reflexology (London School of Reflexology- AOR Accredited) 2019
- Crystal Reflexology (Val Winchester online course) 2020
- Reflexology Lymph Drainage (Sally Kay- AOR Accredited) 2020
- Facial Reflexology (The Bergman Method) (London School of Reflexology – AOR Accredited) 2018
- Zone Face Lift/ Holistic Facial (London School of Reflexology – AOR Accredited) 2018
- Facial Acupressure (Complementary Therapy College- studied remotely) 2020
- ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Swedish Massage (Gateway Workshops – FHT Accredited) 2016
- Indian Head Massage (Mary Atkinson- FHT Accredited) 2017
- Practitioners Diploma on Advanced and Deep Tissue Massage (Gateway Workshops) 2018
- Hot and Cold Stone Massage (Gateway Workshops – FHT Accredited) 2018
- Usui Reiki Practitioners (Hollytree Healing Centre) 2016
- Angelic Reiki Master Teacher (Pembrokeshire Reiki) 2017
- Seichem Master Teacher Practitioners Diploma (Gateways Workshops) 2017
- Crystal Therapy (Angelrose Holistic and Spirual Training Centre) 2018
- Usui Reiki Masters (Pembrokeshire Reiki) 2019
Short Distance Courses
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service (Northbrook College) 2015
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Business Administration (Northbrook College) 2015
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health (Bridgewater and Taunton College) 2017
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (Bridgewater and Taunton College) 2018
- BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management (Manchester Metropolitan University) 2002