Hot Stone massage originated in India and China and has been around for centuries; ancient civilizations believed that hot stones cleansed the body and relaxed the heart, grounding the soul and soothing the mind. As the name implies, the treatment involves using smooth stones which are heated and are used to massage the lower leg and to carry out the reflexology.
This is where hot stones are either incorporated into a reflexology treatment or are used for the whole treatment: using large stones to warm and massage the legs and feet, and small stones to work reflex points and more specific areas. The treatment is extremely relaxing to receive and is my personal favourite therapy that I offer.
Possible Benefits of Hot Stone Reflexology
• Can help to increase circulation
• Promotes relaxation
• Can have a de-stressing effect
• Reduces muscle tension- heat relaxes muscles and with heat of the stones can allow muscle recovery and repair to take place more effectively
• Increased lymphocytic and infection fighting function
• Increased elimination of waste products
• A feeling that tension and anxiety is being released
Can Anyone Receive Hot Stone Reflexology?
Most people would potentially benefit from the use of hot stones in a reflexology session. There are certain occasions where I would not use hot stones and other occasions where I may reduce the temperature a little. Contact me to find out more if you wish discuss further.