Swedish Massage, also known as classical massage and is designed to relax muscles by using long gliding strokes along the body.
Every Swedish Massage will be tailored to your individual needs. The touch can be light, medium or firm, depending on your own personal preferences and needs. Likewise, there are options to just have a back neck and shoulder massage or to go with a full body massage, the choice is yours.
What are the Benefits of Swedish Massage?
Besides the calming and relaxing benefits, Swedish massage is also thought to be good for:
• Stress reduction and easing anxiety
• Easing muscular strain by flushing out toxins and soothing the muscles
• Improving circulation by increasing oxygen flow in the blood
• Helping to keep ligaments and tendons supple
• The management of pain
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage is a type of massage aimed at the deeper tissue structures of the muscle and fascia, also called connective tissue. Deep tissue massage uses many of the same movements and techniques as Swedish massage, but the pressure will generally be more intense.
The therapist uses moves to help to reduce muscle tension through slow and deep strokes. The therapist will work directly on areas of tension.
What are the Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage?
• Deep tissue can help to release trapped nerves
• It allows the spine and joints to relax into alignment
• It can reduce stress, anxiety and muscle tension
• It can rehabilitate injured muscles
• Pain management/release
• Helps to break up scar tissue
Who is Deep Tissue Massage Suitable for?
Deep tissue massage usually focuses on a specific problem, such as chronic muscle pain, injury rehabilitation, and the following conditions:
• Lower back pain
• Upper back, shoulder and neck pain
• Muscle tension
• Repetitive strain injuries such as carpel tunnel syndrome
• Osteoarthritis pain
Although, many clients choose it over the regular Swedish massage, there doesn’t necessarily need to be a specific issue, as it is very good stress reliever overall.
Hot Stone Massage
Hot stone massage combines the benefits of hydrotherapy and ‘thermotherapy’ (which is the use of heat applications) with massage strokes using stones to create a deep, relaxing and healing treatment.
Using the heat of the stones to warm the skin allows the skin to absorb moisturising oils, while at the same time allowing the therapist to work the deeper muscle layers of the body, as well as the muscles that are closer to the surface.
It is generally accepted that one stroke of a heated basalt stone is equivalent to 5-10 strokes of a therapists hand.
Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
- Increased local circulation
- Improved blood flow to surrounding tissues
- Greater ability to transfer toxins and waste products from the area
- Helps to relieve stress and anxiety
- Helps to relieve muscle tension and pain
- Promotes enhanced sleep
Can Anybody Receive a Massage?
As with all complementary therapies, please inform your therapist of any medical conditions you may have and whilst most people are able to receive a massage and would benefit from receiving one, there are some conditions where massage may not be advised without consent from a doctor. Please contact me to discuss further if you have any queries.